Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yoo Hoo.. A Republictarian Shout Out

Republitarian--Here's the info you wanted.
Senate Bill 3930 The United States Military Commissions Act of 2006.

The final version of the bill did grant a type of retroactive immunity to Bush et al by making it much more difficult to prosecute them in court for war crimes under existing law. They redefined torture and this exempted Bush et al from future prosecution for war crimes AND provides them with FREE legal counsel should they ever be tried (courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer of course). Bush and Cheney think of everything don't they? This is the bill that eliminated Habeus Corpus and US recognition of the Geneva Convention.

The latest Bush/Cheney attempt at retroactive immunity is the FISA bill that is thankfully stalled in the Democratic House. The Bush White House is very worried that if the court case is allwed to proceed (civil suit against the telecommunications companies ) then the American people will find out that the illegal surveillance began soon after Bush took office and long before the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon.

Hope this helps. Now could you assist me in getting registered on your blog so I may comment in the future? I tried to post this as a comment on your blog to give you the info you requested but I wasn't able to register. I never received an email with a password....plus I misspelled my name...So I'm giving you the info you wanted via post...Would you allow me to sign up again as Mosquito...so I can try to get a password sent to my email?

No comments: